Top Right: Window displays in the Mall. I've always loved these, and have great memories of watching these when I was a kid! He was enthralled! He stared and described and then demanded that we go back to look at each window again.
Bottom Left: Parade! He saw real reindeer, camels and donkey (with Mary, Joseph and Baby Jesus), a giant inflatable gingerbread man, teddy and train, acrobatic mice, drummers, singers, dancers... Wonderful!
Bottom Right: Watching the City Hall lights.
Carols at South Bank - I really do love this stuff! We met a friend there for tasty crepe picnic and sang along with a few songs.
There is so much happening locally, for free, to help us feel Christmassy! It's quite beautiful, and we really don't feel like we've been exposed to TOO much tackiness. It's hard to make the most of everything, but we've done our best:
- We went to South Bank carols and got a bit scared by the fireworks.
- We watched (part of) the free outdoor Christmas movie (Elf - yay!).
- We happened upon one of the big Christmas Lights house displays.
- We checked out the Valley Christmas Markets - but they were terrible!
- We saw City Hall's BEAUTIFUL light show/display.
- We saw the Christmas pantomime in King George Square - well, he could see it from B's shoulders, I could only catch glimpses of it through the crowd. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss much.
- We visited the gorgeous Myer window displays in the mall.
- We saw the Christmas parade through the mall - it was great!
- We saw the giant Christmas tree. WITH A GIANT STAR ON TOP!