Friday, February 6, 2015

solo parenting

he
He waved 'goodbye' to Daddy and watched him leave in the taxi. However, in retelling the story to someone later, the taxi had turned into a police car. 
He formed a new band and had a lengthy jam, requesting all of the songs that he usually plays with Daddy.
He and I spent a lot of time playing games - proper games, that come in boxes and have instructions. He's starting to grasp 'snap' and a snakes-and-ladders-style board game called 'Around the World', though (wonderfully) the concept of 'winning' is lost on him, for now! His very favourite is a charades game (from his Auntie J) with cards and a spinner and it's seriously good fun.
He has also begun to, completely independently, go for a paddle in the back yard. Twice now I have watched as he has headed downstairs to the back yard, dragged out his shell pool from behind the tank, turned on the hose to fill it up, added a selection of toys, stripped his clothes off, and hopped in.

she
She chatted to Daddy on skype, caught her first cold, giggled when I tickled her feet and started grasping things (toys, clothes, my finger, my hair) intentionally (and putting them straight into her mouth).

me
It wasn't my favourite week ever. But I did have a lovely lazy lunch with friends and babies on Wednesday - the day that we all had our older munchkins in daycare!