Saturday, November 22, 2014

sleep

he
He stopped his reliable napping almost immediately when he moved into his big room and big bed in the middle of this year. But I'm okay with this, as he still has a 2-hour 'rest time' in his room, listening to audio books, reading a few books to himself and playing with his lego. We love seeing how his creations (currently a hospital) grow/change/evolve from day to day, when we open the door to say that rest time is finished.

she
SHE SLEPT FOR 9.5 HOURS STRAIGHT LAST NIGHT!
Yes - I didn't see these big blue eyes between 8.15pm yesterday and daylight this morning! She had been averaging 6-ish hours for a few weeks, but last night was a new record. Maybe this means she'll be awake more during daytime now?

me
Obviously I wake up numerous times through the nights, expecting her to do the same, but I do achieve a good duration of restfulness, even if it's not sleepfulness! I've got a lot of reading done as a result.