Thursday, October 3, 2013

literary classics

he
He fell in love with this book the first time we read it. He requested it over and over throughout the day, and again (many times) before sleep. He woke up the next morning, peered up at me through the cot bars and said, expectantly, "Edge sand. Dance moon."
"...hand in hand on the edge of the sand, they danced by the light of the moon..."
He requests it from us and from friends. Impressively, the friend in the photo knows it off by heart! Another has recorded his own beautiful version as a song. 
In just a couple of days, the cheap little book quickly fell apart. I put it somewhere to remember to fix it. Now I can't find it. Oops. He still asks for it every day. It'll show up...

me
For my sister's birthday, she and I went to The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) at QPAC. It was not particularly serious. Gosh we had fun and laughed a lot!