Thursday, September 12, 2013

morning rituals

he
Breakfast - the most important meal of the day - is definitely his biggest and most reliable meal of the day. He loves his cereal (especially if he gets to choose which kind), toast, fruit, oats, muffins, crumpets, smoothies - whatever is on offer. And then a couple more things. This morning he chose his cereal, but ended up eating most of his Dad's muesli, too.

me
 I usually wake up before anyone else. Eventually, when I realise that I'm not going to fall back to sleep and that I'm just lying there making mental lists of what needs doing, I get up - and start doing. I've started to try to begin with a few moments outside the back door, with a cuppa or a glass of water (or if I'm feeling really reckless, a book) to make sure that I notice and appreciate the magical quiet of the early morning.