Monday, February 3, 2014

appreciating local music

he
 
While I was cooking dinner last night, he came into the kitchen to ask me for money. He was excited and in a hurry. It didn't take me TOO long to figure out what was going on in the other room. In B's words: "I was playing songs on the ukulele in the loungeroom and he came up close and said 'Give Daddy some money'. I realised that he thought I was busking and wanted to give me money because that's what we always do with him when we see a busker. I told him to go in and ask Mummy. While he was gone I put a hat out and he came back in with Mum who got out his piggy bank and he gave it all to me, one by one. He also wanted me to say thank you each time he put one in like real buskers do."

me
There are a couple of songs which have popped into my ears and crawled slowly through my mind during the past day or so. Paul Kelly's "I'm on Your Side" and the Audreys' "Sometimes the Stars". Lovely, both.