Tuesday, November 20, 2012

reading

he
He spends AGES sitting at his bookshelf, choosing books and reading them. He loves to turn pages and lift the flaps. He talks to them. It just warms our hearts. 

me
I love to read, too. I read articles in the Big Issue and the Monthly, and various books on my kindle. At the moment I'm reading a delightful, refreshing, amusing, articulate (and a bit rude) feminist reflection on growing up, "How to be a Woman". Yesterday I had a postcard from my 95-year-old Grandma in the USA, saying that the book she's just started with her book club is "House Rules" by Jodi Picoult. I'll get that today and start reading it too, so we can have our own highly inefficient but much cherished cross-hemispherical, cross-generational, post-card-based-discussion book club, which we've done a couple of times in the past!